What, when, where, who and why of a cash meeting
What: A cash meeting is unique to Sweet Grass County. It is an opportunity for the finance officer to publicly review all the financial activity of the county
When: At least quarterly. Please call ahead to verify the date.
Where: In the commissioner board room at the Sweet Grass County Annex, located at 115 West 5th Avenue.
Who: Attendees include the finance officer, the commissioners, the clerk and recorder, and the treasurer. This is a public meeting and everyone is welcome to attend.
Why: This meeting is prepared and presented by the finance officer to present an update on the current financial status of the county.
Topics that are normally presented at the meeting are:
1. A summary of county credit card activity
2. Investment activity
3. Cash held in all bank and investment accounts
4. Pledged securities held by the banks to secure county deposits that exceed $250,000
5. Review of the journal entries made by the finance officer
6. Budget amendments and adjustments
7. Review of all current grants
8. Review of all expenditure budgets
9. Review of all revenue budgets
10. Review of cash balance in all budgets
If you plan to attend a cash meeting and would like a copy of the monthly packet of information please let the finance office know at least 1 day in advance so a copy will be available.