Please read the following before you request an inspection:
- Please call the Weed District at least a week ahead of when you would like the inspection done.
- Please note there is a basic non-refundable fee of $100 for the inspection and additional$25/hour after the first hour.
- A map of the proposed subdivision of at least 8.5 x 14 (legal) in size must be made available to the Weed district prior to an inspection.
- You are encouraged to go over the findings of the inspection with the Weed Coordinator.
- Inspections done November through April are not conclusive, due to time of year and growth stage of noxious weeds.
- Inspections are usually done by foot, however they may also be done by horseback, pick-up or four-wheeler when deemed necessary.
- The Sweet Grass County Weed District will forward a signed original to the planning office and a copy to the named Subdivider, a 2nd original will be kept on file at the Weed District office. If additional copies are needed, please let the Weed District know in advance.
- You must forward a copy of the Noxious Weed Management Plan and any attachments to future buyers.
- The Subdivision Letter of Agreement and Noxious Weed Management Plan are binding documents and the Subdivider(s)/landowner(s) must abide by the terms of the Agreements.
All our subdivision applications and documents can found on our Forms & Permits Page.
If you have any questions please call the Weed District Office at 932-3582.