Sweet Grass County is implementing Stage 1 fire restrictions.
STAGE 1 FIRE RESTRICTIONS
EFFECTIVE 12:01 AM
FRIDAY, JUNE 25, 2021
Implemented by the Sweet Grass County Board of Commissioners
Pursuant to Adoption of Resolution 06-24-2021
Stage 1 Restrictions: The following acts are prohibited until further notice:
1. Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire except within a developed recreational site, fire ring, or improved site.
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
Stage 1 Exemptions:
1. Persons using a fire solely fueled by liquid petroleum or LPG that can be turned on and off. Such devices can only be used in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within 3 feet of the device.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
3. All land within a city boundary is exempted. (Big Timber)
4. Other exemptions unique to each agency
For further clarification, please contact the Sweet Grass Sheriff’s Office at 932-5143.
• You could be fined up to $500 and imprisonment up to 6 months for violating restrictions and closures pursuant to #46-18-212 MCA.
• You can be held liable for all suppression costs and damages if you start a fire.